[clug] Any Public Service organisations using Linix desktop and Open Office?

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:49:39 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Chris Wallis <linux at c-tek.org> wrote:
> I can say with out a doubt there is no Linux desktops in a Federal Public
> Service environment

In which country? I admire your confident misplaced certainty.

> due to the lack of desktop distributions that has been
> certified under Common Criteria evaluation. (See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Criteria,
> http://www.dsd.gov.au/infosec/evaluation_services/aisep_pages/aisep.html
> and http://www.commoncriteriaportal.org/).

So... people configuring computers in government all read those web
sites do they?

And then your post degenerated into incomprehensible
not-quite-English. Perhaps summarised as 'Open Formats Good -
Proprietary Formats Bad.'

Is this the five minute argument?

--
MC