[clug] Video card woes

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Tue Jul 1 12:33:14 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 09:15 +1000, Fred Pilcher wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas on this one? I have one of these Technisat video
> tuner cards that I got from Renura about a year ago, and it's been
> working perfectly until a week ago when it stopped working.

Sounds to me like an Ubuntu update might have stopped it from working?
When you did the re-install, did you update straight away, or try it on
the default release kernel?

I've got no idea which model you're using
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechniSat) but as Leo mentions,
you might need firmware to make it work. This should live
under /lib/firmware/`uname -r`/. If it doesn't, check in a directory of
a previous kernel (perhaps before there was an update?)

-c