[clug] Help! Kernel panic on MythTV machine while I'm not around!

Adam Thomas adam.lloyd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:43:44 GMT 2008

On 29/01/2008, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
> I'm more thinking of a lackey-less solution. That way I could have two
> machines, each KVMing each other, and fix remote problems without
> waiting for a friend to break into my house...

Yau can do this with two serial ports on each machine and null modem
cables between them. ttyS0 on machine one is connected to ttyS1 on
machine two (repeat on machine two to machine one). Set the kernel
console to ttyS0 and run minicom on ttyS1.

This scales too, to add a new machine just hook ttyS0 on machine two
to ttyS1 on machine three and ttyS0 on machine three to ttyS1 on
machine one. One null modem per machine and as long as one machine is
up you can run around the loop bringing the other machines up.