[clug] KDE 4.0

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Sun Jan 13 09:46:29 GMT 2008

Robin Shannon wrote:
> I downloaded the kubuntu packages this morning. Wow. Really just wow.
> After hearing 1000 bloggers over the last month or two complain that
> it was horribly unstable, so far it really doesn't seem to be. 4.0
> rocks. 4.1 when lots of the polish, and hopefully KPIM and KOffice2
> (and maybe even Amarok 2.0) will be added is gonna be out of this
> world.
>
> Aqua is still ahead, but by 4.1, KDE will either be level or ahead.

Out of curiosity, what package did you install? kde4-core?

Under Gutsy I have the following in my sources.lst:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-members-kde4/ubuntu gutsy main

Reason I ask is that I only seem to have the desktop and don't really
have any KDE apps, not even control center. I'd like to get a KDE4 only
desktop (well, with required kde3 apps) for testing.

Cheers
-c