[clug] Ubuntu Gutsy problem.

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:54:41 GMT 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 8:23 PM, David Adams <u2552331 at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> I'm a newbie linux guy running Gutsy on my laptop and so far every
> problem I've been able to overcome on my own. This one, however, has
> stumped me...
>
> <ALSA woes>

Hi David,

I have also had ALSA woes as of late with gutsy updates on a Desktop
Intel Board. During the shutdown ALSA refuses to die and forces a hard
reset.  In my case I finally traced it down to having included
gutsy-proposed and gutsy-backports in my /etc/apt/sources.list

Unfortunately the only way I found out was to re-install without these
two and now things are fine again. I did try to nuke everything to do
with X and ALSA and then re-install ubuntu-desktop but still no joy.
:(  I then also tried a few apt-get/aptitude reinstalls of certain
things but all to no avail. Other problems I was having were wierd
things like the "Human" theme dissapearing in favour of Clearlooks and
the likes.

I originally had these two entries in my sources.list as it was an
upgrade from feisty. What does you /etc/apt/sources.list say?

--
Andrew Janke   (a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)
Canberra->Australia    +61 (402) 700 883