[clug] Ubuntu Gutsy problem.

David Adams u2552331 at anu.edu.au
Tue Jan 8 09:23:45 GMT 2008

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie linux guy running Gutsy on my laptop and so far every
problem I've been able to overcome on my own. This one, however, has
stumped me...

I updated via Synaptic a week or so ago and my sound stopped working.
I'm *pretty* sure it was a kernel update that did it, that or alsa. Due
to my inexperience with the operating system I'm struggling to find a
solution- I've tried using a lower version kernel but that doesn't seem
to make any difference. I'm not quite sure what information you guys
need to give suggestions on how to fix this, nor how to obtain it, so...
if you could throw me a hint or two I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Dave.