[clug] Vodafone's HSDPA USB modem

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Tue Jan 8 05:10:32 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 12:31 +1100, Mike Carden wrote:

> I'm sure I'll regret asking this, having had bad experiences with
> Telstra and Voda on mobile phones and now being a 3 customer, but...
> what happened with 3 and your mobile?

Speaking of Vodafone, has anyone been using Vodafone's HSDPA USB modem
for wireless broadband?  According to google, it's a HUAWEI E220 and you
can get it working under Linux[1], but I was wondering if anyone had
done it before signing up for a 24-month contract.  (-:

Tim.

[1] http://oozie.fm.interia.pl/pro/huawei-e220/