[clug] Linux Laptop Followup

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Feb 28 11:48:59 GMT 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:40:22PM +1100, Chris Smart wrote:
> David Adams wrote:
> >Bonus: Ubuntu updates are free and at ethernet speeds if you're on ANU
> >campus, using mirror.linux.org.au. Awesomesness!
> Use linux.anu.edu.au instead it's MUCH better ;)

If only netfilter rules could filter based on dns name [0] we could put a
delay rule of some sort on any packets accessing it as m.l.o.a damn there
goes another plan for world domination. </tic>

	See You
	    Steve

[0] yes I am aware we could filter on contents of http or rsync or
whatever headers (wherever the name appears), though, ick

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
life is a b movie, it's stupid and it's strange, a directionless story