[clug] Using a laptop as a firewall

Tim Murphy tim at murphy.org
Fri Feb 22 02:04:52 GMT 2008

I've never used one as a gateway or firewall, but I have used an old laptop
as a web server.  The main downside is the inability to upgrade the thing.
The lappy wasn't doing very much work though so I'm not sure how it would
cope with a constant heavy load.

I'd also be more wary of dust with a lappy than with a desktop.