[clug] ... and WiFi access in Civic

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Tue Feb 19 11:02:18 GMT 2008

Brad Hards wrote:
> Do any of the available wireless routers actually do proper mesh networking
> and also provide access? Is connectivity adaptive (in that, if one of the
> routers gets unplugged or otherwise fails, the network can find another
> path)?

Pretty sure this is how standard repeaters work. It's not really a
'mesh' as such. If one is offline, a pc should just connect to another
at a weaker signal. Shouldn't be too hard to test I guess, if we have a
few WAPs people can spare for testing.

Once again, Steve is probably the best person to ask re this.

-c