[clug] 32/64 bit compile

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Sat Feb 16 03:01:21 GMT 2008

Brian wrote:
> Is that my best option, if so how do I change the above make to force a
> compile in 32bit?

[dart] cc m.c
[dart] file a.out
a.out: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4,
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
[dart] cc -m32 m.c
[dart] file a.out
a.out: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4,
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

I think you can only dynamically link to like architecture libraries.  If you have a 64
bit version of the apogee library you'd put it in ??/lib64/??.

Brett