[clug] Eee PC

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Sat Feb 9 12:02:26 GMT 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 03:23:36PM +1100, Pilcher, Fred wrote:
> Ian wrote:
>> I have one of those membrane keyboards but I can't say I
>> really recommend them - they're fine on a desk but absolutely
>> hopeless trying to type on a non-flat surface. I've been
>> meaning to look into those fold away keyboards which should
>> work better on any surface since they're rigid.

> Great advice, Ian - thanks!

> Anyone had any experience with the fold-up jobbies?

I had one with a PDA years ago. I dunno if they're the same thing you're
talking about, but it basically accordioned up into something about the
same size as the PDA itself.

I don't remember it being a pain, but I don't recall using it that
often... If you're coming, and I both attend and remember, I'll try and
bring it to next clug. (I'm pretty sure it's in a box here somewhere. I
wonder if I can interface it to my current phone...)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/