[clug] LCA & CLUG

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Sat Feb 9 11:14:56 GMT 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 01:14:16PM +1100, Simon Pascal Klein wrote:
::)

> LCA was just great. I should be at this month's meeting and I'll bring
> the XO.

Hmm, good idea. Since I'm staring a new project, I should be able to
make CLUGs for the next couple of months. I'll bring my XO along too.

(Although I need to check the date, I may be in the US for this month's
meeting.)

Having just read the linux-aus thread about recording LUGs, and noting
that Paul Wayper has been recording them where possible, I was wondering
how well we're set up for recording and encoding generally? Are we
reliant on Paul's kit, and/or would be look at putting in an application
for the proposed videoing kit grant?

I'm happy to put my hand up to help where possible, I've done a little
bit of stuff with transcode that I've all-but forgotten. And of course I
just suggested on the linux-aus that that Flash support for low-bitrate
Ogg Theora would be a really neat alternative to the question asked
here at the time regarding playing .ogg files embedded in a document.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/