[clug] EeePC 1000 coming..

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Wed Dec 31 15:04:44 GMT 2008

2008/12/31 jhock <jhock at iinet.net.au>

> Hi All,
>
> Any news on the Eee PC 10 linux version?  I saw a M$ XP version at JB Hi
> Fi.  I thought that I would format the disc and load UBUNTU onto the
> 160GB HDD version.  I'm getting a bit sick of waiting for the linux
> version to arrive.

Yeah, I'm not sure Asus is going to be supporting Linux much in the future.
They seem to be making more and more plans with Microsoft.

It's taken so long to wait for a nice Linux model, that now I don't want a
standard netbook. I want:
Atom dual-core with hyper-threading (I want to see 4 penguins!)
2GB RAM
>=20GB _fast_ SSD
3G modem
10" 1280x980 res
DVI out (1080p)
5 hours battery life
Wireless N
As full size keyboard as possible
Surround sound would be sweet
Full Linux support (including suspend and resume. Yes, resume too please)
<=1KG

And can I get all that for around $500? Surely that's not too much to ask
for :-)

-c