[clug] Local NTP server?

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Mon Dec 22 23:53:18 GMT 2008

2008/12/23 Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au>

> Hi Chris,
>
> If the server is 5 minutes different from a client, then it won't
> synchronise using NTP alone. You will first have to do an ntpdate on
> the client to bring the clocks close together, then NTP can do it's
> thing.

Thanks Bob. When I do an ntpdate I get that error about "no suitable server
configuration found", so I assume I've still not configured something right?
There's an option for ntpd to ignore the time difference (-g?) which I think
Ubuntu adds by default. Not sure if this has any effect though.

Does anyone have a working server and client ntp.conf for a situation like
mine?

-c