[clug] Any ideas on what to look for to get an old PC running?

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Mon Dec 22 04:33:13 GMT 2008

Jim and Duncan,

I didn't touch the power supply internals, hence I am still alive.  I
use to work on Sun machines so I have a bit of an idea about the
internals but the PCs insiders look much different to me.  I can
identify different components. eg. mother board, hard disk, CD drive,
ethernet card, etc., the CPU heat sink looks massive compared to Suns.

I still have no idea what is wrong though.  I though of bypassing the
power switch with a bridge but I couldn't find a spare.

I guess that I will have to get my Eee PC earlier than I though.

John