[clug] OpenMoko availability (alternative the gphone)

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Sun Dec 21 23:48:27 GMT 2008

http://code.google.com/android/dev-devices.html

Will work in Australia,

* 3G WCDMA (1700/2100 MHz)
* Quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Not sure how wide spread the usage of those 3G frequencies are and with
which carriers though.

Is not locked if you get the dev version (you only need a market place
account to qualify).

I find this to be a tempting phone as I too am in the market for a new
phone and wish to avoid a wince phone.

Given that google is the bigger player I'm leaning towards this one
succeeding. Although the market is big enough for many manufactures I
not sure that the developer mind-share can support so many phones.

Jeff.