[clug] Suse

keith sayers keiths at apex.net.au
Fri Dec 19 06:32:04 GMT 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 23:00:35 Brian wrote:

> Thr first problem is easily fixed.
> Go into Yast-System-SystemServices and enable smpppd.

	Thank you - that worked.

> For the second, did you upgrade or do a new install?

	An upgrade - the new version (which came from a compact disk in Linux Format
magazine) was put onto the same hard drive that held the old version.  But
with the benefit of experience I think another time I would put the new
version onto a new or wiped hard drive and then copy over personal
directories.  Incidentally in which directory are emails stored?  We were
looking for those at one point.