[clug] [Protest] Anybody up to organise it?

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Fri Dec 5 04:46:50 GMT 2008

I don't know.  Handing the government the ability to filter the internet for
content they consider inappropriate seems fairly draconian.  Mandatory ISP
level filtering seems pretty likely to have a significant impact on access
speeds. It may not destroy the degital economy but it looks like it would
definitely have a negative impact.

I'm too lazy to read back through this entire thread now so I'm just going
to inlude some links.  Apologies if they've already been included:

GetUp petition: http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet/442
EFA Analysis: http://www.efa.org.au/censorship/mandatory-isp-blocking/
EFA Press Release:
http://www.efa.org.au/2008/01/02/media-release-efa-attacks-clean-feed-proposal/

I was going to include links to Senator Conroy's press releases, but
amusingly he seems to have allowed senatorconroy.com to lapse.  It's now a
parked page.  I think this is inidicative of the level of care and knowledge
Senator Conroy brings to this debate.

Cheers,
Neill