[clug] Internet Censorship - Advice?

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Thu Dec 4 10:15:28 GMT 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Sam Couter wrote:

> Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:

Many points that I was going to make.  Some I wouldn't've ;-)

Thought I'd poke this little musing in.  I suggest Dave *not* use this as
a topic of conversation; he may find his audience polarised a particular
way :-)

The Northern Territory passed some legislation legalising euthanasia.
(top google hit: http://www.globalideasbank.org/creend/CRE-14.HTML -
because I'm too lazy to find a *good* article)).  It was quashed by the
Federal Parliament.

I believe it was a specific topic of debate in the Federal Parliament that
sites discussing euthanasia would be covered by the mandatory filter, as
it is *illegal*.  That leads to the interesting question of whether these
links:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ant.gov.au+euthanasia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.debian:en-US:unofficial&client=iceweasel-a

would be filtered!

I wonder if the Federal Government's squishing of the Territory's
government still rankles...

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.