[clug] Internet Censorship - Advice?

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Thu Dec 4 05:23:37 GMT 2008

Now let me check if I'm understanding all this stuff....

The federal government is looking to spend a very large sum of our (the
tax payers of Oz) money to provide high speed Internet to 95% of
Australia and then are planning to cripple that significant and
expensive advance by  imposing unwanted  filtering  (censorship)
which,  if most  IT professionals I have seen commenting, have stated
will slow down all Internet access.  Hmmmm.... maybe we have a problem
with left hands and right hands here. ;-)

Best of luck with your presentation David....only 2 years to the next
Federal Election....I surf and I vote!

Regards to all

Ian Bardsley