[clug] Internode and Billion 7401VGP-M

Nathan Rickerby rickerby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:19:42 GMT 2008

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 09:47:29PM +1100, Chris Smart wrote:
> 2008/12/2 Mike Carden <mike.carden at gmail.com>
>
> > Has anyone used one of these and can offer comments? Are there better
> > choices out there? Are there better places to buy the router than
> > through Internode? I do note that the online prices for the Billion
> > are up to $20 less than Internode's $199 but after delivery etc it may
> > not matter. I have not used any Billion product. Is their build
> > quality and reliability up to scratch?
>

> I have Internode ADSL1 at home with Nodephone 2, using Billion 7404VGP-M

I also have the 7404VGP-M.  I like it, it's probably very similar to
the 7401.  The only problem I've had with it is that it didn't work
with a particular handset I tried to use.  I replaced the handset with a
cheap and simple one and it's fine now.  The Billion has done everything
I expected it to, it even let me configure vlans to stop the wireless
having direct access to the internet.

Nathan