[clug] Internode and Billion 7401VGP-M

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:02:13 GMT 2008

I get the sense that this topic has been discussed in some detail here
recently, but I'm not sure if this particular combination has been
talked about.

I'm about to move into a house where I will want a data connection.
I'm leaning towards an internode 'NakedExtreme ADSL2+' deal and
wondering about modem / router hardware. Internode recommend the
Billion 7401VGP-M as an all-in-one solution with wired Ethernet,
wireless 802.11g and an analogue port for VOIP.

Has anyone used one of these and can offer comments? Are there better
choices out there? Are there better places to buy the router than
through Internode? I do note that the online prices for the Billion
are up to $20 less than Internode's $199 but after delivery etc it may
not matter. I have not used any Billion product. Is their build
quality and reliability up to scratch?

So many questions...

--
MC