[clug] Tomato Firmware / Linksys WRT54GL comments, caveats, cautions

Ian Matters iristech at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 21:32:41 GMT 2008

Good morning CLUGgers.

I hope to become the proud owner of a Linksys WRT54GL wireless router
some time today and I was thinking of installing Tomato Firmware v1.21
(http://polarcloud.com/tomato) on it.

I was wondering if anybody in the group has done this or something
similar and may have some comments, caveats or cautions to enlighten
me before I blow away the Linksys Linux firmware.

My main reason for changing from the Linksys firmware to Tomato is
that I hope to gain greater control over the QoS settings particularly
for my WiFi connected users.

Cheers,
Ian Matters