[clug] Off topic - yellow stripe

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 00:24:32 GMT 2008

Chris,

I had this happen to an HP multifunction years ago (a vertical yellow line
would appear on a colour scan, but nothing else). If memory serves, it was a
blockage on the scan head. I seem to recall that there wasn't anything we
could get done about it that wasn't going to cost more than a new scanner.
Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news ;)

Lana

2008/8/19 Chris Henman <henman at pobox.com>

> Dear All,
>
> After many years of good service my HP ScanJet 5P has developed a yellow
> stripe down one side of the page.
>
> Happens on both RedHat 5 and Windo$e XP.
>
> Any suggestions welcome.
>
> Attached is an example, on a blank scan.
>
> Regards,
> Chris Henman
>

> --

Cheers! Lana

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.