[clug] CA Cert problem

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 06:48:43 GMT 2008

An update on my last post,

Many thanks to the other two assurers who have now assured my, although
I hadn't realised that my points max out at 100, so three assurers were
enough.

It turns out that it looks like CA Cert check that the email address of
the domain registrant matches the CA Cert email address of the person
requesting the domain (sensible, but not easy to find information).

In this case, I registered a new domain (through register4less, who
sponsor UserFriendly). All took place in minutes and cost a measly
$US14.95.

Then I was able to "register" that domain with CA Cert against my
account and then create a server certificate (which works!).

So, a successful conclusion to my first foray into the world of CA Cert.

Thanks to all who responded.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.