[clug] sharing printer with Vista

steveg1701 steveg1701 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 03:33:36 GMT 2008

I have an HP printer set up on my Linux box and am trying to share it with my
laptop running Vista.  Getting it to print properly was not too difficult
but I seem to have a problem accessing the print queue from my laptop.  When
I go to my Control Panel >> Printers the printer is shown along with the
message Access denied, unable to connect.  I have configured user security
on Samba using smbpasswd and have created a user both on the Linux box and
in smbpasswd using the same username and password as I have on the laptop.
Any ideas?