[clug] Printer recommendations

Antony Wuth foobie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 00:21:23 GMT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Pilcher, Fred <Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au>wrote:

> Can anyone recomend an inexpensive laser printer that'll "just work"?
> I've given up trying to get my friend's Canon LBP3000 working under
> Linux.

Paul

I have a Samsung CLP-350N - which is a networked version of the 'world's
smallest colour laser' (which isn't really that small) - it was an absolute
breeze to get up and running & seems to be fully supported. I am led to
believe the usb version is also supported - however I have not tested the
claim.

The network version has pretty web management as well as silly windows
applications to show the windows users what the printer is doing.

Antony.