[clug] grub boot problems

Brian bnc at astronomicalresearchaustralia.org
Mon Aug 4 10:32:00 GMT 2008

Paul,
In order to get this working I believe you need to marry up your
device.map with what your bios actually loads.
When I installed a sata drive and one ide  and one sata compact flash
card I had all sorts of problems trying to get things booted.
I then figured out that my bios was allocating the sata drives first
then the ide. So my original hd0(ide) became sd2.
Once you have the 'actual' /dev order, then change your device.map to
match and see how you go.
In the end I booted from sd0, put a chainloader into the menu.lst to
boot the other two and changed all the /etc/fstabs accordingly.
Brian