[clug] MODPOST Problem

Brian bnc at astronomicalresearchaustralia.org
Tue Apr 1 13:14:53 GMT 2008

All,
Some time back I received some help from people on the list re the above
problem.
A combination of all the advice led me to resolve it.

The problem briefly, was that you go to compile some programs, they have
a dependency on MODPOST and it is not there.

It turns out that SUSE provides the facility to compile the MODPOST
module but does not actually run it during the install??

The actual script is in
/usr/src/linux/scripts/mod

I decided to run all the scripts just for fun.

a) cd /usr/src/linux
b) make cloneconfig
c) make scripts

I was then able to compile the original module I needed.

/usr/srs/linux/README.SUSE was also helpful.

Thanks,
Brian