[clug] Fwd: [LINK] Software Freedom Law Center files first US GPL infringement suit [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Sep 27 05:27:07 GMT 2007

On 27/09/2007, at 13:56 , jrc wrote:

> Performance and reward is probably a better one - but may be a bit too
> touchy-feely-new-agey to get much traction in industry...  :)

I was commentating based on Kohlberg's stages of moral development.
Performance and reward is somewhere around stage 2, and my
understanding is that attempting to "skip" stages of development
results in greater problems.

Your sentiment rings true - the cooperative action for the greater
good is a bit beyond the ken of entities who measure "good" and "bad"
decisions in terms of net profit and loss.

How do you explain to a corporation that the love of money is the
root of social evils?

Alex