[clug] Fwd: [LINK] Software Freedom Law Center files first US GPL infringement suit

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 06:10:01 GMT 2007

> Perhaps there is still more to this story.  Seems strange that they
> haven't just put up a copy of the busybox source and be done with it
> yet.

And now from http://www.linux.com/feature/119439 this:
<snip>
However, Daniel B. Ravicher, legal director of the Software Freedom
Law Center (SFLC), which filed the suit on behalf of BusyBox, is more
cautious.

"I can confirm that we are discussing settlement," Ravicher says, "but
-- contrary to what many in the press seem to believe -- no agreement
has been reached. Simply coming into compliance now is not sufficient
to settle the matter, because that would mean anyone can violate the
license until caught, because the only punishment would be to come
into compliance."
</snip>

So supplying the source may not be the end of the road.

--
MC