[clug] EFA?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Sep 26 01:08:21 GMT 2007

On 25/09/2007, at 19:45 , Sam Couter wrote:

> Personally I'd probably choose New Zealand. The biggest problems there
> are  ...

... the eyesore that they made of their skylines by allowing three
private electricity suppliers to string high-voltage lines all over
the place, across each others' rights of way, and making Auckland
look like a giant spider's web.

> Next choice would probably be Canada.

Except for senior copyright legislators having personal affairs with
US entertainment industry lobbyists...

But if you believe Michael Moore's "reporting", Canada is a very safe
place to live because people are friendly and don't lock their doors.
Or was it something to do with gun ownership? Or the lack of violence
on their regular news broadcasts?

> Tasmania may be overseas but it's still under Australian jurisdiction.
> Unlike New Zealand, at least for now.

And a new-clear waste dump in Cradle Mountain would be great for
creating jobs to hand out to the folks who have no forests left to
cut down.

Every country has its problems. I've been toying with the idea of
migrating to New Zealand since they've made it clear that when it
comes to NZ-US relations, NZ calls the shots.

Besides, with a smaller population, it's more likely that my voice
will be heard ;)

Alex