[clug] Hard drive wanted

fiddleheadfern notwhoiam at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:11:13 GMT 2007

David Adams-6 wrote:

> Uhh- is this drive still needed?
> Cheers,
> Dave

Sorry 'bout that. I had a busy weekend. Anyway, regarding your VERY generous
offer to let me borrow your drive for a circuit board swap, I don't think
it's going to work out. You see, I live in Canada and, based on your email
address, it looks like you're in Australia. I did some calculations and
realised that it'd cost a heck of a lot for us to mail the HD back & forth
and, without using an expensive courier service, it would probably take
about a month for that drive to go roundtrip!! So not only would I be
without my data & files for a few more weeks but you'd be more than just a
little inconvenienced by the 4wk turnaround time. And I wouldn't want to put
you in a difficult situation or make you wait so long when you'd be the one
doing me the favour!
I've done a bit of checking and I think I've found a matching drive closer
to home. It's new and it'll cost a pretty penny to buy, but hopefully I'll
be able to recoup some of that expense by selling it on eBay once I've
recovered my data. Heck, even if I can only sell it for $30, I'd be out less
money than if I covered the postage to ship your drive from Australia to
Canada & back again! Crazy, eh?

Anyway, thank you VERY much for your willingness to help despite the
inconvenience it would create at your end. I really appreciate your
generosity & trust; I hadn't expected anyone to put themselves out for a
stranger like that and I'm grateful that you were so willing to do so.
Thanks again for your offer, FF