[clug] EFA? Rant/Response

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Sep 24 01:16:38 GMT 2007

On 24/09/2007, at 10:23 , freegazer wrote:

> in its current form this bill could cause a site to be effectively
> taken down for containing a link to a site that contains material
> that a civilian operative feels ( a subjective measure affected by
> personal agendas and beliefs) may potentially, at some time in the
> future be considered to be inciting or condoning a crime that at
> the time he makes his decision is not a crime.

The following could constitute a possible crime under this
legislation, and lead to the CLUG mailing list server being shut down:

"Bloody Windows... every time I use it I want to reach for the
'inflict pain upon the programmer' button. Heck, feature X was so
annoying I want to just strangle the living daylights out of the guy
responsible for it ..."

"I tried to fix a friend's computer today - they run Windows, but the
machine didn't come with install media, and the recovery partition
was corrupted. It would be so nice if a genuine Windows install disk
would just magically appear every time I needed to repair some broken
Windows installation."

"I don't like this new law. We should kick John Howard out. I'm sure
25 years as Supreme Ruler is getting to him."

Alex