[clug] Canberra Software Freedom day

Fred Pilcher fpilcher at netspeed.com.au
Sun Sep 16 06:00:40 GMT 2007

It was great to meet some of the crew for the first time. I spoke to
quite a few people who seemed genuinely interested and keen to  try it
out - we certainly got through quite a few CDs.

Ian and I carried the flag for the old farts, demonstrating to the
nervous pensioners in the crowd that there's more to grey hair than just
chasing kids off the lawn. ;-)

Ian made an intriguing suggestion about the possibility of getting some
corporate sponsorship, something that could be well-worth following up on.

Fred