[clug] vim settings

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:14:15 GMT 2007

if you type
:set all <return>
there is a setting "breakat"
breakat= ^I!@*-+;:,./?

There is another one:
iskeyword=@,48-57,_,192-255

 From the help file:
KEYWORDS

The 'iskeyword' option specifies which characters can appear in a
word: >

         :set iskeyword
<         iskeyword=@,48-57,_,192-255

The "@" stands for all alphabetic letters.  "48-57" stands for ASCII
characters 48 to 57, which are the numbers 0 to 9.  "192-255" are the
printable latin characters.
    Sometimes you will want to include a dash in keywords, so that
commands
like "w" consider "upper-case" to be one word.  You can do it like
this: >

         :set iskeyword+=-
         :set iskeyword
<         iskeyword=@,48-57,_,192-255,-

If you look at the new value, you will see that Vim has added a comma
for you.
    To remove a character use "-=".  For example, to remove the
underscore: >

         :set iskeyword-=_
         :set iskeyword
<         iskeyword=@,48-57,192-255,-

This time a comma is automatically deleted.

It may be that if you have syntax on this setting depends on the syntax.