[clug] vim settings

Mark Woodward markwoodward at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 4 12:34:28 GMT 2007

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 22:10:21 +1000
Michael James <clug3 at james.st> wrote:

> What sets the characters allowed in a "word"
>  when you use the  "cw"  command?
>
> In the good old days it was strictly  "a-zA-Z0-9_"
> Now it seems to have unilatterally allowed  ".-"   !
>
> Short of setting vi compatible mode,
>  how do I abate this nusance?
>
> michaelj
>
> PS: the manual talks of 'iskeyword' and 'isk'
>  but I can't see what is setting them wrong.
> Maybe some language recognition stuff...?

to see where it was set (and what it is set to):
   :verbose set iskeyword?

Mind you, this is telling me I set it in ~/.vimrc when I first started
Vim, but now is saying /usr/local/share/vim/vim71/syntax/vim.vim after
opening my .vimrc file???

Anyway, to negate the - and . something like:
    set iskeyword-=-
    set iskeyword-=.
in your vimrc should do it.

see :h set