[clug] WiFi/Cellular dual mode cell phone

Tim tim at murphy.org
Mon Sep 3 23:48:17 GMT 2007

If you don't mind a bit of a fiddle, it might be worth checking out the
openMoko (www.openmoko.com).  I've seen it pop up on this list a couple
of times, but just to recap, it's an open source mobile phone with WiFi
and GPS capabilities.

It's in the development stage at the moment (most of the functionality
is still being built) but a (more) stable version should be released in
October.

Has anyone on the list got one of these devices?

Tim