[clug] Kontact and outlook calendar

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Mon Oct 29 06:45:27 GMT 2007

Michael,

> I need to to create entries in outlook groupware calendar.
> Can I do this out of Kontact Calendar?

A couple of ideas, none of which I have really tried:

 * In Configure Kontact -> Calendar -> Plugins there seems to be
a 'Microsoft Exchange 2000 Plugin' which claims that "This plugin
allows korganiser users to work with Microsoft Exchange 2000 groupware
servers"

 * If you're only interested in Free/Busy scheduling, there's the
Free/Busy tab in the Calendar config, which uses HTTP to
publish/retrieve the Free/Busy info from a central location. Perhaps
the exchange server exposes a HTTP service that you can plug this into?

Cheers,

Jeremy