[clug] [OT] X-Space (old Apple(?) project)

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 05:36:16 GMT 2007

On 10/19/07, Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:
> Does anyone remember a project called "x-space" (or something
> similar, vague I know) where one could navigate through a "space" of
> words that were linked in some way (for example, topics in a
> dictionary) by "zooming in", during which process the space renderer
> would show or hide linkages that became more relevant at a particular
> level of "zoom"?

Vague bells are ringing somewhere but I thought I saw something like
this on a Mac?  (in my case somewhere around a Mac SE/30)

Although what I do remember but cannot think of the site name was a
search engine that made a flash presentation of related search terms
that you could click on interactively that was most fun.  The size of
the line indicated the strength and so on..  started with a "J" IIRC.

PS: My "Pedigree" Apple IIe -> Apple IIc -> Apple IIgs (YEAH!) -> Mac
Plus -> Mac SE/30 (27MB RAM! and BSD!) -> Quadra 610 (with Houdini
486DX on NuBUS slot!) -> Sun Sparc 10 -> ....  gets blurry ... ->
Thinkpad T42+X60+12" G4 PB