[clug] Dumb question? Ubuntu upgrades

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Wed Oct 17 05:00:47 GMT 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Robert Edwards wrote:

> But, in theory (certainly for Debian distros), you can do
> "apt-get dist-upgrade" (not the same as "apt-get upgrade" that you don't
> want to do, "Just because"). "dist-upgrade" certainly works mostly for
> me in going from sarge to etch etc.

Unfortunately, not quite for Ubuntu.  For Dapper -> Edgy it was
recommended you run their update-manager.  I was a little disappointed...
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EdgyUpgrades).  Also for Edgy -> Feisty
(http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading).

Having said that, dist-upgrade appears to work for the simple cases.

> Bob Edwards.

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.