[clug] Linux in education

Steve Walsh Steve at nerdvana.org.au
Wed Oct 3 02:46:33 GMT 2007

According to;

http://linux.act.edu.au/pages/linuxschools.html

All ACT Guv'mint schools run Squid as their proxy server, and 27 of the
99 schools run SNS, the School Network Server system written by the
CSLUG group, which combines Samba, SquirrelMail, K12LTSP, and a whole
bunch of other bits and peices.

AFAICR, Dickson College ran quite a bit of linux stuff in their library
(at least they did early last year) mostly managed by Samuel
Gordon-Stewart, but I don't know it's status since he left, or even if
he is still there, trapped in some race condition.

Steve