[clug] FOSS surveys - once is happenstance.

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Wed Nov 28 05:30:32 GMT 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 04:12:03PM +1100, Owen wrote:
> There was at least one challenge to the authenticity of a request, but in the end it all seemed to boil down to the endless 'dream up a thesis' task for graduate students.

I wondered about that myself about the interest, though its not sudden
for me (they crop up in clusters but been around for years).  I couldn't
see the point of why spammers would try it, they know my email address
already!

I sort of came to a similiar conclusion as Owen, which in that case I
don't mind so much as I probably bugged the hell out of some people for
mine too, though at least I produced some Free Software code in the
process, rather than writing about it.  Still the interest in some ways
is a good thing.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au