[clug] Linux on new school computers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 28 05:32:22 GMT 2007

tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I've emailed Kate Lundy offering to meet with her to discuss
> opportunities for FOSS in the new governments education
> initiatives. If she agrees, then I think we should put together some
> demo machines (maybe a laptop running Edubuntu, plus a OLPC machine?)
>
> Or maybe we can get her along to CLUG sometime?
>
> Cheers, Tridge

Hi Tridge,

We should get Kate along to something with some FOSS advocates.
Might be worth waiting until tomorrow arvo after Kev announces
the new ministry - see who gets Education, and what, if anything,
Kate gets (I reckon she is in with a good chance to pick up
something but, being a Senator, it is not likely to be something
all that exciting to the FOSS world - but then again...).

We might want to bang on Bob's (McMullin) door as well and see
what interest he might have in fostering a renewed software (FOSS)
industry in our country.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.