[clug] Symantec/Veritas Tapes..

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Nov 27 13:23:20 GMT 2007

Chris,

A long time ago I spent some time understanding how to read backup exec tapes.
This was done when we retired the software about 10ya (I did not like it much).
I may be able to find the scripts (or programs) that I wrote then. Really maybe.

I dd'ed the files off the tape and inspected them and it was not too hard to
figure what was going on. But I am not sure if I went all the way to recover
files or just to extract the toc and hope to go further if I ever needed to.
After all we still have the software somewhere at the office.

It surely was a proprietary format. Let me know if you want me to search for
it, but you may be better off using the original software to read the tapes.
We probably have it too.

Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)