[clug] Talk for November - Music and Words?

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 20 01:59:12 GMT 2007

Hi all,

If people want, I can do a talk on the work I've been doing with LMMS,
the Linux MultiMedia System.  It's not very well named, but it's a fully
featured music synthesis and composition package to rival commercial
software like Fruity Loops and Cubase.  I've been writing a bit of music
with it - those terminally interested can go to http://mabula.net/music/
to listen to it - and I've been doing a lot of writing of its new manual
(http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page).  I can
give a talk about composing music in LMMS, and about how to approach
writing a full manual from scratch.

Anyone interested?  Or is this not technical enough?

Also, I'd like to collect the last couple of orders for Coffee at this
Thursday's meeting (yes, I gave in and extended the deadline by a
week).  If I can get about three and a half kilos of orders, we get the
entire delivery for free.  I'll be making sure that this is available at
the PSIG, at the CLUG barbecue (see elsewhere) and can drop it off to
you if you want to meet up with me personally.  If you need to consult
the list of blends and grinds, see http://www.kaldi.com.au; I'll have
brochures available on the night for people to choose from and write
down their orders on.

Have fun,

Paul