[clug] Testing RTSP Streams

Paul Wayper paul.wayper at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 13 02:31:23 GMT 2007

George Bray wrote:
>    http://www.parliament.act.gov.au/live/
>
> The stream is available in two sizes to the public as RTSP H.264
> (250Kbps and 700Kbps).  Internally on the ACTGOV intranet, it's
> running as H.264 on RTP multicast.

That's wonderful, but I cannot accept the conditions of use.  One of
them is:

The material shall not be used for:

    * the purpose of satire or ridicule;

And, to me, censoring the media in that way is unacceptable.  I'd also
be interested in whether it's actually legal, although I know that we in
Australia aren't graced with the same 'fair use' rights that USAdians
have.  Is material published by the Government covered by the same
'public use' rights that exist in the USA?

Have fun,

Paul