[clug] BOOKS FOR SALE

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 11 23:42:33 GMT 2007

I have had a "road to Damascus" experience with Linux and find that I
spend too much time tweaking and problem solving and not enough time
actually doing productive work with Linux. Ubuntu 7.10 and Fedora 8 have
been the 'tipping point'. Enough is enough.

As a result, I have a small library for sale (at best) or for free to a
good home (at worst). My library consists of the following:

Negus, C., Linux Bible 2005 Edition, Indianapolis:Wiley Publishing Inc.,
2005
Nemeth, E., Snyder, G., Hein, R.R., Linux Administration Handbook, Upper
Saddle River:Prentice Hall, 2002
Gagne, M., Moving to Linux, Boston:Pearson Education, 2004
Krafft, M. F., The Debian System - concepts and techniques, San
Francisco:No Starch Press, 2005
Grant, R., Linux for Non-Geeks, San Francisco:No Starch Press, 2004
Rais, M., Linux for the rest of us, McLean:Eagle Neck Press, 2003
Barrett, D.J., Linux Pocket Guide, North Sebastopol:O'Reilly Media Inc.,
2004

The books are all in very good condition, perhaps anyone interested
could make me an offer. One minor problem is that the books live with me
in Batemans Bay but buying them gives you a good excuse to come down the
coast for the day. Alternatively, I could deliver them next time I'm up
in Canberra.

In addition I have a collection of Linux Magazine and DVD/CD
distributions that would go with the books.

If anyone is interested they can contact me _directly_ via e-mail or
phone (see below).

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

E: peter.anderson at internode.on.net
W: http://www.users.on.net/~peter.anderson/
<http://www.users.on.net/%7Epeter.anderson/>
P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
M: +61 (0)418 249 648

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The
Prince/, ch. 6