[clug] Can anyone suggest some place/shop to buy a laptop?

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Thu Nov 8 06:05:04 GMT 2007

I bought a HP Compaq 6715b from harris technology for 1500.
Has a dual core 2.2Ghz Turion 64 in it.. Runs really well with Kubuntu
amd64 (Gutsy) I did install the binary ATI driver for it to get the
performance out of the graphics but the non-free version from the repos
worked ok.

It has a 15.4" 1680x1050 res screen that really does look nice.

160 GB SATA drive and 1GB RAM. DVD Burner etc. etc. and was delivered
next business day when I ordered it on-line.

It did come with Vista Business. But apart from firing it up and
configuring it to work on my network I have only boot the lappy into
Vista maybe 3 or 4 times in the 3 months I have had it.

Hope this helps.

Randall.